An immersion into the Antiquity's best preserved cities.
This tour consists of a pleasant walk around the ancient Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, buried by the ashes of the volcano Vesuvius in 79 a. D.
A walk in Pompeii is a very intense experience; clients will have the feeling of wandering in a town that is still alive.
The ruins are included in the list of “UNESCO World Heritage Patrimony”.
During the eruption Pompeii and its inhabitants were buried by tons of pumice and volcanic ash, which preserved many things and materials in amazing conditions.
Herculaneum is much smaller but better preserved than Pompeii. While Pompeii had been covered in four to five meters of ashes, an avalanche of muds 20 meters thick had buried Herculaneum. Second floors of the buildings, carbonized wooden objects, intact paintings and mosaics are still preserved. The site gives a vivid impression of the opulent lifestyle enjoyed by the wealthier citizens of the Roman Empire. It is worth to visit it to get an idea of how the Romans lived in the imperial period.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS’ NEEDS AND REQUESTS
- Pick up at any port in Campania, client's hotel or other meeting location
- Transfer to Pompeii
- 2 hours guided tour in Pompeii including: The Marina Gate, the Basilica (court house), the Forum (the main square), the Curia (Municipal buildings), the Macellum (the butchers market), the Thermal baths, the Termopolia (restaurants), the House of Melander, the Bakery, the Plaster casts of the victims, the Temples of Jupiter, Apollo and Venere, the Lupanar (brothel), the Fountain of the Abundance.
- Transfer to Herculaneum
- A wonderful 2 hours walk through the city of Herculaneum with the visit of the Temple of the Augustali, the beach where more then 300 skeletons were found, the thermal baths, the forum, the house of Neptune and Amphitrite, the Samnite house, the gymnasium, the house of the Dears and much more
- Back to the meeting point or other place to be agreed with the customers
- 2 hours guidance in Pompeii
- 2 hours guidance in Herculaneum
- Full day transportation by private minivan or sedan and a professional driver including pick up and drop off at the clients accommodation
- Local taxes, fuel and parking expenses
- Skip-the-line entrance fees: Pompeii and Herculaneum
- The site of Pompeii is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so it is recommended to use a sunscreen and to wear a hat
- Make sure to take plenty of water
- We organize a special itinerary for wheelchair users
- It is appropriate to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with open shoes
- The tour guide and the driver will be happy to help you to take group photos and give you all necessary information regarding the site that you might want to ask
- The archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum are closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December
- It is forbidden to take inside Pompeii handbags, backpacks, luggage and cases larger than 30x30x15 cm
- For the school trips it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit
Tours Nearby CUSTOM TOUR: Pompeii and Herculaneum private shore excursion
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.