An immersion in the world best preserved archaeological towns Pompeii and Herculaneum.
Skip the long lines at the ticket office and experience Pompeii with an expert Archaeologist.
A walk in Pompeii is an experience unlike any other; the city still feels as lively as ever. Learn about the history of the town and how the Romans lived with a tour of all the most important public buildings and private houses.
Herculaneum is much smaller but better preserved than Pompeii. While Pompeii was covered in 4 to 5 meters of ash, an avalanche of mud 20 meters thick buried Herculaneum.
Second storeys, carbonized wooden objects, intact paintings and mosaics are still fully visible. The city comes back to life with your guide’s explanations.
- Meet the guide at the main entrance of Pompeii ruins called Porta Marina Superiore
- Skip the long lines and start your 2-hour visit in Pompeii. Highlights of the visit: The Marina Gate, the Basilica (court house), the Forum (the main square), the Curia (Municipal buildings), the Macellum (the butchers market), the Thermal baths, the Termopolia (restaurants), the House of Melander, the Bakery, the Plaster casts of the victims, the Temples of Jupiter, Apollo and Venere, the Lupanar (brothel), the Fountain of the Abundance.
- Quick lunch stop
- Transfer to Herculaneum by train or your private car
- 2-hour guided visit in Herculaneum. Highlights: the Temple of the Augustali, the beach where more then 300 skeletons were found, the thermal baths, the forum, the house of Neptune and Amphitrite, the Samnite house, the gymnasium, the house of the Dears and much more.
- The site of Pompeii is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so it is recommended to use a sunscreen and to wear a hat.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- We organize a special itinerary for wheelchair users.
- It is appropriate to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with open shoes.
- The tour guide will be happy to help you to take group photos and give you all necessary information regarding the site that you might want to ask.
- The archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum are closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to take inside Pompeii handbags, backpacks, luggage and cases larger than 30x30x15 cm.
- For the school trips it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit.
Tours Nearby Pompeii and Herculaneum walking tour/Skip the line included
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.