An immersion in the world best preserved archaeological towns.
Of all the ancient Rome tours, a visit to Pompeii and Herculaneum is a must while staying in Italy.
Nowhere else will you see history so well preserved. The story behind this famous place is laid bare as you wander around the streets between former houses and brothels. You will see the last moments in the lives of the people of Pompeii that were captured by the erupting volcano.
Herculaneum is much smaller but better preserved. While Pompeii had been covered in four/five meters of ashes, an avalanche of muds 20 meters thick had buried Herculaneum.
It is still possible seeing second stories, carbonized wooden objects, intact paintings and mosaics. Visiting Pompeii and Herculaneum is a day life experience to be enjoyed trough a detailed tour.
- Meet the guide at the main entrance of Pompeii ruins called "Porta Marina Superiore".
- 2,5 hours guided tour in Pompeii including: The Marina Gate, the Basilica (court house), the Forum (the main square), the Curia (Municipal buildings), the Macellum (the butchers market), the Thermal baths, the Termopolia (restaurants), the House of Melander, the Bakery, the Plaster casts of the victims, the Temples of Jupiter, Apollo and Venere, the Lupanar (brothel), the Fountain of the Abundance.
- Transfer by Circumvesuviana train to Herculaneum (30 minutes trip + 10 minutes walk) and quick lunch break if required.
- 2 hours guided tour in Herculaneum with the visit of the Temple of the Augustali, the beach where more then 300 skeletons were found, the thermal baths, the forum, the house of Neptune and Amphitrite, the Samnite house, the gymnasium, the house of the Dears and much more.
- The site of Pompeii is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so it is recommended to use a sunscreen and to wear a hat.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- We organize a special itinerary for wheelchair users.
- It is appropriate to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with open shoes.
- The tour guide will be happy to help you to take group photos and give you all necessary information regarding the site that you might want to ask.
- Skip the line; the guide can buy the tickets immediately at the preferential check-out.
- The archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum are closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to take inside Pompeii handbags, backpacks, luggage and cases larger than 30x30x15 cm.
- For the school trips it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.