Our driver will pick up the tourists in Rome and transfer them to Pompeii where they will meet our archaeological guide.
The old city of Pompeii is a fascinating site destroyed during the eruption in A.D. 79. The tour guide will comment about the life in the city during the days of Imperial Rome. Pompeii has been perfectly preserved during the centuries, here everything has stopped at the moment of the destruction 2000 years ago, and forthis reason the site has been included in the list of “UNESCOWorld Heritage Patrimony”.
After Pompeii we will have a nice lunch stop in a wonderful italian restaurant or a quick break if the clients prefer. Then we’ll drive up to the height of 1000 meters and get off the bus. Afterwards we’ll have to walk up to the crater for about 20 minutes to meet our volcanological guide who will provide explanations about the volcano and its internal activity. Today the crater has a diameter of about 500 meters and a depth of approximately 230 meters. The Vesuvius offers a wonderful view of the Bay of Naples and a splendid natural scenery underneath.
THIS TOUR CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO CUSTOMERS’ NEEDS AND REQUESTS
- Pick up in Rome at clients' accommodation or other meeting locations.
- Transfer to Pompeii.
- Visit of Pompeii: Marina Gate, Basilica (court house), Forum (the main square), Municipal buildings (curia), the meat and fish market (Macellum), Thermal baths, Termopolium Capuano, House of Menander, Bakery, plaster casts, Temples of Juppiter, Apollo and Venere, the Lupanar (brothel), Fountains.
- Transfer to Mt. Vesuvius.
- Lunch at a typical restaurant, pizzeria or winery on the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius.
- Everyone has to walk up the mountain the last 750 metres along a steep path. Closed shoes are essential.
- Transfer to Rome and drop off at clients' accommodation or other meeting locations.
- Guidance and assistance service for the entire duration of the tour.
- Skip-the-line admission fees to Pompeii.
- Admission fees to Mt. Vesuvius.
- Full day transportation by private minivan or sedan and a professional driver including pick up and drop off at the client's accommodation.
- Local taxes, fuel and parking expenses.
- The site of Pompeii is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so it is recommended to use a sunscreen and to wear a hat.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- We organize a special itinerary for wheelchair users.
- It is appropriate to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with open shoes.
- The tour guide and the driver will be happy to help you to take group photos and give you all necessary information regarding the site that you might want to ask.
- Skip the line; the guide can buy the tickets immediately at the preferential check-out.
- Estimated local cash needed: 10 € for tickets at Mt. Vesuvius
- The archaeological site of Pompeii is closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to take inside Pompeii handbags, backpacks, luggage and cases larger than 30x30x15 cm.
- For the school trips it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit.
- In case of a bad weather it's not allowed to go up Mount Vesuvius.
- The path on the slopes of Mt. Vesuvius is not suitable for disable visitors.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.