Nowhere else will you feel the authentic spirit of ancient Roman culture.
This tour will allow you to not just taste a flavour of ancient Rome but really feel the vibes of this extravagant culture. During this exciting day-long plunge into history and archaeology you will be given transfer from Rome to Pompeii in a comfortable minivan. We’ll have 3 hours tour during which we’ll see in detail the intensely rich with important buildings and fascinating frescoes western part of the town. For our convenience, that is the part with most of the important public buildings, luxurious urban villas and shops.
We’ll see the following locations on our way: the Marina Gate, the Basilica (court house), the Forum (main square), the Forum baths, the Lupanar (brothel), the bakery, the house of Faun, the Termopolium Capuano, the house of Menander as well as the famous plaster casts.
Vesuvius is the only active volcano in the mainland of Europe, and it has been responsible for some of the continent’s largest volcanic eruptions. The land at the foot of the Vesuvius is rich with natural beauties. The soil on the slopes of the volcano is very fertile due to the abundance of volcanic minerals and favourable Mediterranean climate. There are lots of vineyards and wine factories that produce amazing wines such as the “Lacryma Christi”. The name of this amazing wine comes from an old legend saying that Christ cried when Lucifer fell from heaven, and these tears gave birth to the grapes that grew here.
Why book this tour?
It’s a great thing that you’ve come to Rome. But it will be a pity if you lose chance to feel the authentic spirit of ancient Roman culture, which is no easily available in an overcrowded and rebuilt Rome. Come to the tremendously majestic Pompeii and you won’t regret.
- Pick up at your accommodation in Rome or other place to be agreed.
- First you will be given transfer from Rome to Pompeii.
- We'll then have 3 hours tour during which we'll see in detail the richness of the important buildings and fascinating frescoes western part of the town.
- We'll see the following locations on our way: Marina Gate, Basilica (court house), Forum (main square), Forum baths, Lupanar (brothel), bakery, house of Faun, Termopolium Capuano, House of Menander as well as the famous plaster casts.
- Then we'll stop for the visit of a beautiful winery at the slopes of Mount Vesuvius, where you'll have a delicious wine-tasting experience
- In the evening you'll be given safe and comfortable transfer back to where you stay in Rome.
- Guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the tour.
- Admission fees.
- Full day transportation and a professional driver including pick up and drop off. Local taxes fuel and parking expenses.
- Visit of a traditional vineyard
- Wine Tasting including the following menù:
MENU "VESUVIO" Welcome to the Cellar "
- Tasting of PDO olive oil Bruschetta
Antipasto de 'Medici
- Provolone del Monaco with jam
- Neapolitan Salami
- Prosciutto Nostrano
- Smoked scamorza cheese
- Bronze-drawn Pacchero di Gragnano with Piennolo vesuviano tomatoes and basil
- Babà with limoncello and custard
- Vesevius - Falanghina sparkling wine Charmat method
- Albus - Falanghina
- Lavaflava - Vesuvio Doc Lacryma Christi white 2017
- Lavarubra - Vesuvio Doc Lacryma Christi red 2017
- The site of Pompeii is vast and also very exposed with minimal shade, so the use of sunscreen and wearing a hat it is recommended.
- Make sure to take plenty of water.
- We organize a specific itinerary for wheelchair users.
- It is best to use closed shoes and not flip flops, since it can be difficult to walk through the ruins of Pompeii with opened shoes.
- Skip the line: the guide can buy the tickets immediately at a preferential check-out.
- The archaeological site of Pompeii is closed on the 1st January, the 1st May and 25th December.
- It is forbidden to introduce inside the excavations of Pompeii, handbags, backpacks, luggage, cases, larger than 30x30x15 cm.
- Regarding school trips, it is strictly necessary to book the tour before the visit.
Tours Nearby Pompeii and Wine Tasting day tour from Rome
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.